The Unseen Dangers Of Pool Water
It’s very common for people, especially children, to get water in their mouths. Although swallowing a small
amount of pool water has been deemed harmless by doctors, it’s important to realize that ingesting too much
can lead to very dangerous situations. Chlorine poisoning. Otherwise known as recreational water illness,
chlorine poisoning occurs when someone swallows or breathes in (inhales) chlorine.
Secondary drowning. A condition where water is inhaled into their lungs. Bacterial/parasite infection.
Chlorine is used to help get rid of bacteria such as E. coli and parasites, but it may not eliminate all of them.
The Warning Signs of A Pool Problem Here are some of pool-related symptoms to be aware of.
If you recognize any of these warning signs within 72 hours of swimming, seek immediate medical attention:
• Upset stomach and vomiting
• Persistent cough
• Trouble breathing
• Fatigue For Prevention Tips for Children go to
For more tips and prevention view the FULL story on ELEV8